Code Of Conducy
Fost of, everything exists on some form of spectrum. As the discovery of trans gender identities has changed my life and allowed me to learn a lot about myself, I recommend taking a look at some of this info:
- Ash Hardell transition and info videos. They wrote the fantastic book titeled The ABC’s of LGBTQ which was the best introduction to the topic I ever found.
- Rainbow Youth (New Zealand) has a pretty neat glossary of gender & queer related words
- Ashley Wylde info videos
- Stef Sanjati transition videos
- Pigeon education on Intersex topics
- Lann Hornscheidt is a German researcher who is involaved with sculpting new gender neutral language – ex / ecs pronoun. Here my favorite interview with them.
Consent & Open Communication
After having taken part in a workshop on consent by Carey French I re-evaluated the interactions and communication I have with other humans. Their consent zine is a great resource (I distribute it at events I visit).
Using consent as the concept of avoiding assumptions in intimacy as a starting point, I extrapolated a practice of open and honest communication. The goal is to form bonds with humans in which everyone can feel heard and taken seriously – and give the same sense to the other party. Allowing and respecting the other persons opinion and feelings – and celebrating when we can find ways of making life better for each other.
Since we lost the war, here are some resourcea to protect youself:
- privacytools.io resource cache
- decentsecurity.com desktop setup
- EFF: Privacy Badger browser plugin
- SmartMail & Review / Tutorial
- 1Password / LastPass / DashLane password managers
- Cryptography Tutorial
I’ll share some of the resources I have used to educate myself and keep up to date with whats happening in the world:
- Alternativlos is a German podcast by two hackers who disect various topics around society and sience
- The Intercept publishing on youtube (also Deconstructed & Intercepted podcasts)
- Adam Curtis documentaries
- Contra Points opiniated deconstruction of politics
- Democracy Now! News podcast
- DiEM25 Democracy in Europe movement
- Eyes Left podcast – military criticism by veterans
- Gaby Weber documentaries (partly in German)
- Shaun various info videos
- Three Arrows leftist info videos
- Tilo Jung deconstructing German politics (also Aufwachen! podcast)
For a while I have been bringing together resources about programming, game audio, and various other topics at this repository. Eventually that and this page will merge in some form or fashion.
Vancouver Game Community
When I first arrived in Vancouver the thing that fascinated me the most was the sense of community with in the game development and audio scene. Specifically the monthly Full Indie and Vancouver Sound Designers Meetup groups have forged a welcoming environment. The annual Full Indie Summit is in my opinion one of the best game conferences. I also want to give a huge shout out to the folks at Indie Pod!
Although I don’t do sound design anymore (and video editing is rare too) I am (still) a big fan of the audio software REAPER by Cockos Inc. The ability to change the layout, define custom actions, optimize menus and even add custom own functionality via scripting enabling automating work flows. I developed a demonstration a while ago for a batch exporting process for game audio on The Reaper Blog. I have set up a repository of the scripts I have written for Reaper that’s available on GitHub and it is fully compatible with the ReaPack package manager.